FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Albany is conveniently located at the Crossroads of the Northeast, only hours from many other major Northeast cities, and accessible by major interstate highways, the Albany International Airport, and Amtrak.
Distance to other major Northeast cities:
New York City: 2.5 hours
Boston: 3 hours
Montreal: 3 hours
Buffalo: 4 hours
The Albany Capital Center will celebrate it's soft opening with an invitation only ribbon cutting on March 1, 2017. After that, the Albany Capital Center will open its doors for the MAAC Tournament's Ancillary Events including an awards show and the open-to-the-public MAAC-N-Cheese Fest on March 3.
The first conference at the Albany Capital Center will take place on March 22, 2017; the New York State Council for Social Studies will use the entire building and kick off a veru busy event season at the ACC.
For recent announcements and updates on construction, click here.
Yes. 130 parking spaces will be available within three underground levels of the Albany Capital Center. In addition, the parking garage will also be connected to the Times Union Center garage (950 spaces), and is also in close proximity to additional downtown parking garages and lots.
For a map of additional downtown parking, please click here.
There are a number of hotels within walking distance of the Albany Capital Center:
- Renaissance Albany, 203 rooms; connected to the Albany Capital Center via enclosed walkway.
- Hilton Albany, 385 rooms; a 5 minute walk
- Hampton Inn & Suites, Albany Downtown, 165 rooms; a 9 minute walk
- Fairfield Inn & Suites (formerly 74 State), 75 rooms; a 7 minute walk
- Holiday Inn Express, Albany Downtown, 135 rooms; a 13 minute walk
The Albany Capital Center has 22,500 square feet of exhibit/ballroom space, 9,200 square feet of flexibile meeting space, and 13,500 square feet of pre-function space.
Floor plans of the building can be found here.
The Albany Capital Center is also part of the Capital Complex which totals over 160,000 square feet of meeting and exhibition space and is comprised of the Albany Capital Center, the TImes Union Center, The Egg, and the Empire State Plaza Convention Center.
The Albany Capital Center’s FREE Guest Wi-Fi Network will live at a minimum of 15 mbps, offering your attendees one of the fastest free Wi-Fi connections in the downtown Albany area.
Exclusive catering services are provided by Mazzone Hospitality, a full service catering and event production company in the Capital Region. Mazzone Catering provides you with over 30 years of experience delivering flawless and memorable weddings, social events, corporate events and galas.
For more information on catering, please click here.
Audio Visual Services will be provided by CMI AV, our Prefered In-House Vendor. CMI has a highly respected customer following. They offers competitive and creative pricing, a vast portfolio of inventory, and the willingness to provide the highest level of client service expected.
Click here to learn more about our preferred in-house vendors.
Dectorator Services will be provided by Total Events, Clifton Park Rentals, and Capital Convention Contractors our Preferred In-House Vendors. All three vendors will provide ample inventory as well as strong company work ethic and high level of customer service.
Click here to learn more about our preferred vendors.
Transportation services will be provided by Premiere Transportation our Preferred In-House Vendor. Premiere Transportation is locally operated company ready to work with you on all your transportation needs. Premiere Transportation offers state of the art GPS vehicle technology, commitment to local community, and an aggressive approach to customer service and employee training.
Click here to learn more about our preferred vendors.
In less than five minutes, you will be able to conveniently walk from the Times Union Center to the Empire State Plaza Convention Center. The Albany Capital Center is nestled between these two locations joining the ranks of the Capital Complex.
For more information on the Capital Complex, click here.
The Albany Capital Center is centrally located in downtown Albany located one block from the New York State Capitol. Visitors may use a variety of public transportation options to access the Albany Capital Center including:
- Train Station: Amtrak services to the Albany-Rensselaer Train Station located directly across the Hudson River from Albany.
- Airport: The Albany International Airport is serviced by many popular airlines and has 70 daily direct flights to many major cities throughout the United States. ALB is located about 20 minutes from the Albany Capital Center.
- Bus Station: The Albany Bus Station is located just blocks from the Albany Capital Center, and is serviced by many major bus companies.
- Capital District Transportation Authority (CDTA): CDTA busses maintain regular weekday and weekend schedules throughout the Capital District, especially in downtown Albany.
- Taxis: A number of local taxi companies provide service throughout the Capital Region.
The Albany Capital Center is fully ADA compliant.
- ADA access is provided at all parking levels and at the main entrance with on grade drop off and pick up, an integral ramped entrance to the main lobby at Level 1 and full elevator access to all levels including parking.
- Provisions have been made for the charging of motorized conveyance, restrooms will be fully accessible, Braille signage and universal symbols will be in use;
- Audio & visual aids will be employed throughout the facility to assure the highest level of service for the convention and meeting attendee;
- Interactive kiosks, and information displays are located to provide clear sight lines for all attendees;
- Lighting will be LED and is engineered to provide the correct level of light required for access and the enjoyment of the center;
- Floors surfaces are continuous with minimalized transitions;
- The design provides, within the pre-function space and gathering areas, for the convenient interaction of all attendees and the free movement of those transitioning between events.